What do I offer?
This full-day workshop is perfect if you are starting out or wanting to make something specific, or maybe you just wish to spend some time making something unique for you or for someone you care!
You get me all to yourself to develop millinery techniques in your chosen area.From a beginner with no prior knowledge of millinery to developing existing skills further, I would love to teach you the varied art of traditional millinery!
Private 1-2-1 tuition can allow the teaching to be very specific to your needs, so please get in touch if you wish to discuss exactly what you can learn in these sessions in more detail!
The price includes all materials plus tea, coffee and biscuits will be served through the day.
£200 per day per person 10 am - 5 pm
What can you make in these sessions?
You can make whatever you like in these sessions, but for a rough guide of how longs things will take on full-day tuition there will be enough time to complete a simple cocktail hat, small winter felt hat with simple trimmings or silk/leather flowers.
I recommend getting in contact to discuss what you wish to make in advance of your sessions, so I can best advise what will be possible within the timeframes and with your existing skill set, and also to make sure I have the best materials/colours in stock ahead of your sessions.
If very specific materials or felts are required, please inform me at least 10 days before you require the items in the sessions, or feel free to bring your own materials.
I do not hold a huge amount of materials at all times, so specific material may not be available unless they have been requested prior to the sessions.
All previous attendees of my 1-2-1 private tuition days are entitled to a 10% discount on any further sessions booked with me.
I look forward to welcoming you!!
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Once the sessions have been paid for they are non-refundable, but session days and times can be rescheduled with a minimum of 10 days notice.
Due to Giulia’s busy schedule, any sessions that need to be rescheduled between 1 week and 24hours before a session, may incur a 15% fee of the value of the session is changed.
Any cancellations with less than 24 hours notice or no shows will forfeit the value of the session booked for that day.
- If for any reason Giulia needs to change a session, she will inform you with as much notice as possible and reschedule for the first agreeable date for both parties.
- All basic materials are provided for these classes within reason, excessive use of materials may incur an extra charge, you will be informed upon this if it becomes apparent that material costs will be higher than the allocated amount. Specific materials for specific projects will be added to an extra cost.
- You are more than welcome to request any materials and colours for your work, but please give a minimum 10 days notice before your session if you want something particular, so Giulia can ensure she has it in time for your session. If you do not request specific materials, she will assume you will be happy to choose from the materials that she holds in stock.
- You are more than welcome to bring your own hats for re-trimming or your own materials to the classes if you wish.
- Due to occasional supply chain issues, certain colours and materials may not always be available in which case Giulia will let you know in advance, where possible, so you can choose an alternative.
Giulia always has a reasonably large selection of materials in stock, so sessions will still go ahead and cannot be cancelled or refunded if certain materials are unavailable to get in time for the classes that have been booked, as all techniques will still be able to be taught using other colours etc.
- All her sessions are held at Studio 6 Maker’s Yard, in the heart of the Cultural Quarter in Leicester, just a few minutes walk past the Curve theatre.
Note that Studio 6 is a shared space, so please respect the other designers' privacy.